Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Montreal Canadiens Make Some Move And I Take a Break

by Kamal Panesar

As I sit here listening to the recording of Rush's YYZ I just did on my Roland TD-9 drum set, I am reminded of how long it has been since I've played drums.

At the same time, I think about how long it has been since I've written anything about hockey.

For those who don't know, my first child, Devin, was born last Wednesday June 29th and my world has been a whirlwind ever since.

I'm loving the experience of being a parent, as challenging as it can be at times. It is at once the most rewarding and most difficult thing I've ever done in my life.

So while the Habs were busy signing backup goaltender Pete Budaj and power-forward Erik Cole to free agent deals, I was up to my eyeballs with diapers, crying and an enormous lack of sleep.

That being said, as much as I thought I'd be able to take a short break from the blogosphere before returning, I am now realizing that it is going to be more than a few days. I'm probably going to need a few weeks and maybe even until the end of August before I can start regularly writing again and updating my daily NHL news links on HabsAddict.com.

I'll might have the odd piece here and there but am basically going to check out for a little bit.

So with that in mind, I just wanted to pop my head back into the world to let you all know what is going on with me and tell you that I will be back, and stonger and more focused than ever.

But, for now, I'm going to take most of the summer to focus on my newly expanded family.

Thank you to everyone who has sent their well wishes to me. Enjoy the summer folks!

---
Kamal is a freelance Habs writer, Senior Writer/Editor-in-Chief of HabsAddict.com, Montreal Canadiens Blogger on Hockeybuzz.com and Habs writer on TheFranchise.ca. Kamal is also a weekly contributor to the Sunday Shinny on The Team 990 (AM 990) every Sunday from 8 - 9 AM. Listen live at http://www.team990.com/

Follow Kamal on Facebook and Twitter

1 comments:

All the Best with your new Baby!!!

Post a Comment